- He instilled in me a passion for art and beauty. I just HAD to be like him.
- He taught me about Jesus and the Bible and answered every single one of my kajillion questions (& he had some darn good answers). & been an amazing example to me and my brothers.
- He has some of the most hilarious dance moves on the planet.
- Did I mention his facial expressions?
- He was definitely the keeper of peace in our home, which is extremely necessary with 3 yappy, obnoxious, knuckleheaded kids.
- His laugh is contagious
- The all-time Iron Cross champion (This is a wrestling move that he would use on us...I'll just leave it at that. I'm pretty sure we had 100's of ticklefights.
- He is my biggest life champion. You'll never meet a prouder dad.
- He has put up with my boy-crazy freakness since Jr High and somehow talked John into taking me off of the market.
- We make up awesome-secret family handshakes that we've been doing since Casey was 2.
- He is the best listener.
- My current favorite memory is my most recent: Our father-daughter dance. We practiced for a month on my brother's X-box Kinect. Check it out: Daddy-Darby Dance
I love you Dadd-ay! :)
On another note:
I'd like to give a shout-out to Rob Scebold, my newly acquired Father-in-Law. ;) Rob has such a thoughtful and warm personality and I love him too! He has welcomed me with open arms into the Scebold family and that is something that I treasure so much. I'll never forget the special words he shared with me on our wedding day. I'm looking forward to spending more time with my new family.

Great dads are amazing! Your dance was fun and your dress is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLovely, Darby! I find myself wanting to click on a thumbs-up button after each of your reasons why you love your dad! The daughters of great dads also make great wives! And, I'm also rather fond of your new father-in-law too -- great guy, isn't he!
ReplyDeleteKim - Thank you! I got a great deal on it.
ReplyDeleteJoy, You're too sweet. :) & yes Rob is awesome and so are you!