Thursday, May 26, 2011

Name Changing

Dadgum. It's easier to commit a felony than it is to change your last name. Not that I've tried the first but in the process of the latter. But seriously. You have to wait weeks to get the certificate of mawwiage. Then you have to get a new SS card before the driver's license...all of which you have to send in original proof that you got hitched. I had this brilliant idea though for event/wedding planners. They get together a cute little group of licensed professionals that can give you all the certified cards and forms you need, and they're all waiting for you at the back of the aisle, printed on the spot. See? Painless I tell you.

But enough ranting. My husband is AMAZING (Still really weird to call him that). He cooks fabulous dishes for me. Brings me flowers just because. He cleans up after himself and even sometimes after me (But just to clarify, I'm pretty tidy). Saving the world by day, handyman by night. I love being married to him. He makes me laugh SO much. & I'm really loving this whole being a team thing. But we have lots of competitions. Why? Because we're firstborn freaks who just have to win everything.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

PS After much contemplation, I realize it's probably a good thing it takes so long to change your name. Bad guys would inevitably take advantage of the system and there might be a lot of evil Darby O'Briens' running around.

1 comment: