Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Divide by 40
For some reason, John likes to think I exaggerate. Now, I'm not really being serious, but sometimes a message is most effectively communicated when using numbers of epic proportions. Whether it's "Ohmagosh there's like 40,000 cars on the freeway today," or "Sheesh, there are 40 mosquito bites on my legs." Sometimes he has to remind me to take it down a notch, but to me, I'm really just trying to paint a vivid picture that expresses the situation in its entirety. In the midst of my storytelling, he often interrupts (politely, of course) to make sure the listener is aware that they should divide by 40. Not a bad idea, but I'm thinking more like 10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha. you told me this before and i think its so funny. so excited about the scebold scenes!
ReplyDeleteya, this is a reocurring trend lately. ;)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that you have a blog..LOVE I tell you! and seriously, who doesn't like a good exaggerated story?
ReplyDelete